Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. On this Blog I will be sharing recipes that I have tried and that I think are yummy. I don't have pictures of most of them but I will add them when I can. Most of my recipes are for the easy cook although I consider myself an intermediate cook.

Bread and cookies are my specialty so I will be sharing a lot of recipes for those. I use my bread machine for mixing the dough, but always take it out and do the rest by hand. I just like the texture better. I started making bread by scratch when I was 12 years old. It took a whole Saturday to make 8 loaves. My mom made every kind of bread imaginable but at that time I only made white bread. I've branched out since then and usually only make 1 or 2 loaves at one time. Fresh yeast and good flour makes the bread.

Welcome to my Blog, and my kitchen!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread

The bread machine is my friend.  Having mixed dough for so many years by hand it was such a time saver when I got my first bread machine.  Here is a recipe I developed. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1-3/4 cups white bread flour
  • 1 pkg. yeast

How to make it

  • Put ingredients into pan as manufactures suggests
  • Push start
  • **Note*** I put this in my bread machine just to mix it and let it raise. Then I take it out and make it into a loaf and let it raise until double in bulk. Bake it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. To keep the crust soft I spread soft butter over the top when it comes out of the oven.
  • **TIP** if you put the oil in first, then the honey in the same measuring cup, the honey slides right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment