Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by. On this Blog I will be sharing recipes that I have tried and that I think are yummy. I don't have pictures of most of them but I will add them when I can. Most of my recipes are for the easy cook although I consider myself an intermediate cook.

Bread and cookies are my specialty so I will be sharing a lot of recipes for those. I use my bread machine for mixing the dough, but always take it out and do the rest by hand. I just like the texture better. I started making bread by scratch when I was 12 years old. It took a whole Saturday to make 8 loaves. My mom made every kind of bread imaginable but at that time I only made white bread. I've branched out since then and usually only make 1 or 2 loaves at one time. Fresh yeast and good flour makes the bread.

Welcome to my Blog, and my kitchen!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Triple Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

Every once in awhile I come across something new that I haven't tried in the baking isle at the grocery store.  One day I found some dark chocolate raspberry morsels and this is the recipe I came up with for them. 

What You Need to Have:
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup butter
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar packed
2 eggs
½ tsp. Raspberry Extract
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1-10 oz package Dark Chocolate with Raspberry morsels
½ cup chopped walnuts

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
Cream butter and sugars, add eggs and raspberry extract.  Mix well.
 
Add flour mixture, mixing well.  Fold in all morsels and nuts.  

Drop by heaping tsp. on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.  Bake at 375° degrees for 9-11 minutes or until light brown around the edges.   Do not over bake.  Makes 3-1/2 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment